Terrain and Ability
Our terrain includes a wide variety of pristine wilderness runs including: High alpine bowls, challenging steeps and chutes, more mellow terrain, and well-spaced glades. On average, you can expect to ski between 12,000 and 18,000 vertical feet each day. We are the only cat ski company, not operating on weekends don't operated on weekends, allowing the mountain to rest before the start of each week.
In order for each guest to get the most out of the Selkirk Wilderness experience, we recommend you:
- Be in strong physical shape
- Have skied in advance of your arrival (skiing Whitewater or Red is always a good idea)
- Be comfortable skiing at minimum, a black diamond resort level
- Have previous off piste experience (this is strongly recommended!)
- Have prior experience and comfort skiing in trees (many runs have an alpine component combined with a treed or partially treed portion)
Wilderness skiing is not for everybody and deciding whether you are physically capable or have the necessary ability requires serious consideration. If you have any questions or concerns with regards to your ability and the challenges specific to our terrain, please call us in advance of booking your holiday.